Tax planning is a key element of wealth creation. Salary packaging, superannuation, investments and tax deductible debt can create significant tax savings. By structuring your finances more efficiently you can manage the amount of tax you pay.
Tax planning can involve:
- Maximising your after tax income
- Remuneration packaging (salary packaging)
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) management
- Investing in shares that offer 100% franked dividends
- Borrowing to invest
- Small business and capital gains tax exemptions (particularly relevant to superannuation)
- Generic tax planning advice
Because there are so many factors that contribute to the amount of tax you pay, it is important to obtain comprehensive advice.
General tax advice
For general tax advice, you should talk to your accountant. Morgans does not provide tax advice, however our investment advice and financial strategies may be structured in a way that can reduce tax and increase after tax returns on your portfolio.
For help with structuring your investments and superannuation to maximise your after tax income, contact
a Morgans Domain adviser.
Print this page