Investment Watch Winter 2020 Outlook
We still believe the future looks positive for the equity market, but 'great expectations' of the successful reopening of the economy and the eventual development of a vaccine, may be what hampers the market’s near-term performance as we saw over the past few weeks.
In this Winter Outlook edition, we look at the shape of the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and implications for the global economy.
We update asset allocation benchmarks to reflect the realities of the current investment climate and review the outlook for some key sectors such as Banks, Retail, Telecommunications and Resources.
- Economics — recovery from pandemic
- Equity Strategy — potholes emerge in front of the market's surprise rally
- Banks — share price damage looks overdone
- Telco — an improving outlook
- Fixed interest – an opportunity awaits for exchange traded bonds
- Resources – an iron ore story
- Consumer discretionary – mind the fiscal cliff traded bonds
- Asset allocation – a defensive tilt
- International – opportunities abroad
- Best ideas — Updated
Download Investment Watch Winter 2020 Outlook
Click here to download Investment Watch Winter 2020 Outlook. Alternatively contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office for a copy.
Print this page