Investment Watch Spring 2020 Outlook 2020
Investment Watch Spring 2020 Outlook is now available.
Australia escaped the initial onslaught of COVID-19 relatively lightly. The
GDP decline in the June quarter, while a substantial 7.0%, was rather
less than the 9% or so experienced by the median OECD economy.
was however enough to do substantial damage to corporate earnings in
FY21 and to pose ongoing risks to improved profitability in the future.
The unequal nature of the recovery and the potential for a resurgence of
COVID-19 offshore will mean investors will need to position portfolios for
We cover the outlook for Banks, Retail, Telco and Property in
We continue to expect the markets to make further gains,
but we are preparing for a more turbulent ride ahead.
We also pick apart
the opportunities in the Listed Investment Trusts and update our Asset
- Economics — quantitative easing as a long-term strategy
- Equity strategy — a gradual path higher but be prepared for turbulence
- Banks – headwinds easing
- Telco – two speed recovery
- 2020 Q4 asset allocation
- Listed Investment Trusts – attractive entry prices and distribution certainty
- Consumer discretionary – all set for a merry Christmas
- Industrials – fairly resilient
- Property – segments of compelling opportunities
- Recent initiations
- Morgans best ideas
Download Investment Watch Spring 2020 Outlook
Click here to view Investment Watch Spring 2020 Outlook. Alternatively contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office for a copy.
You are welcome to start a two-week trial of our online platform, which provides access to detailed market analysis and insights, provided by our award-winning research team.
Create trial account
Print this page