Investment Watch June 2019
Investment Watch June 2019 is now available for Morgans clients.
With the election out of the way and Labor's more disruptive reforms defeated, market sentiment has clearly taken a turn for the better. Banks had their best week in over three years, up 8.1% the week following the election.
That same week another piece of good news landed for the banks with APRA deciding to lower the 7% home loan serviceability assessment floor clearing the path for an acceleration in credit growth.
This month we take a look at the winners and losers out of the surprise Coalition victory, most notably the consumer facing sectors and the banks. We also explore why we think the economy is likely to receive some assistance from the RBA with rate cuts coming sooner rather than later.
- Economics – on course for lower-for-longer interest rates
- Equity strategy – Federal Election 2019 winners and losers
- Retail – some retail therapy is at hand
- Recent initiations – Ramelius Resources (RMS), Strandline Resources (STA), Pro Medicus (PME), Mitchell Services (MSV)
- Banks – a re-stimulated sector
- We've updated our High conviction stock picks for the month
Download Investment Watch June 2019
Morgans clients can login to view Investment Watch June 2019. Alternatively contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office for a copy.
Print this page