Administration Assistant (Stockbroking)
This is an open vacancy with no closing date. Candidates will be reviewed as applications are received.
Do you want to be a part of a team that has spent the last 35 years connecting everyday Australians with opportunities to secure their financial future by investing in some of the world’s most progressive and inspiring companies?
Morgans is Australia’s largest national full-service stockbroking and wealth management network providing a range of wealth management, investment advice and corporate finance services.
Why join us:
We don’t just invest in companies, we also invest in our people. They join for the breadth of opportunities available to them to build out their careers and learn from experienced and respected leaders in the industry. They stay for 10, 15, even 30 years because we genuinely care about them, their families and their futures.
- Offer competitive incentives and benefits, including paid parental and volunteer leave, discounted financial services, health care and many more.
- Are committed to making a broader impact in the communities we serve through the Morgans Foundation which was founded in 2005 and has donated over $10 million to Australian charities.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a full time Administration Assistant to join our busy Warrnambool Office, providing administrative support to two Advisers. This role provides great exposure into the stockbroking industry where you will learn the fundamentals of financial markets.
What you will bring:
As an Administration Assistant, you will play a critical role in supporting two Advisers in the delivery of exceptional service outcomes for our clients.
You will have strong attention to detail and a great work ethic. Impeccable organisational and time management skills, together with a can do attitude are essential to the role.
Experience in the banking, financial planning or stockbroking environment and a genuine interest in financial markets would be looked upon favourably. We are committed to supporting the right person in building their skills and experience in financial services. To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following attributes:
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Training will be provided however ultimately you must be able to work unsupervised.
- Personable, with the ability to build strong relationships with our clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines;
Excellent time management skills, with a strong sense of 'urgency'.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word and Excel.
- Must be IT competent and willing to learn.
What you will be doing:
You will play an important role in the team’s collective success. Some of the things you may be working on include:
- General administration support including arranging appointments and maintaining adviser diaries.
- Client relationship management.
- Record keeping.
- Assist with general duties to ensure client trades are executed and settled efficiently, accurately and on time.
- Assist clients, complete all client administration queries.
- Assist advisers with managing IPO and placements.
- Understand and assist advisers and clients with our managed portfolio service - Wealth+.
- Receive new client reports and prepare new client packs and files.
- Assist Advisers with account opening and maintenance.
- Take responsibility for the timely correspondence of forms between parties and update the implementation schedule as steps are completed.
Yes, I want to apply!
We are looking for someone to start immediately.
If you are interested in this role and would like to join the Morgans team, please submit your resume and cover letter by emailing Brooke Baker at Sinclair Wilson using the details below. Alternatively, you can submit your application via Seek.com click here.
Request a copy of the position description by emailing [email protected].
Print this page