"I obtain a complete picture of a client’s situation, objectives and risk profile with a view to providing holistic advice on appropriate structures and investments for long term wealth creation."
Jon holds a Masters in Agribusiness from the University of London and was awarded the John Bennett Prize for top graduate. He has investment experience spanning over 20 years and has spent a number of years working in the agricultural industry which included managing and operating the family’s grazing enterprise. He is a senior partner in the Morgans Hobart business.
Services and specialities
- Fixed Interest and Cash Management
- Portfolio Administration
- Self Managed Super Funds
- Superannuation Advice
- Wealth Management
Jon’s investment approach is fundamentally based, recognising that in any investment there can be a valuation range from undervalued to overvalued. Through proactive portfolio management Jon aims to capture this range when establishing and managing portfolios. Jon adheres to well developed principles that have worked over extended periods and a variety of market conditions.
Industry Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science, Melbourne University, 1994
- Masters in Agribusiness, University of London, 1999
- TASA and the TPB Code of Professional Conduct, KAPLAN, 2016
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning, Securities Institute of Australia, 2004
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance & Investment, Securities Institute of Australia, 1998
- Member of Stockbrokers and Financial Advisers Association (MeSAFAA)
- Tax (Financial) Adviser
I am employed by RBSM Tas Pty Ltd which operates the business of Morgans Financial Limited - Hobart. My employer remunerates me as your adviser by way of percentage of fees. As a shareholder of RBSM Tas Pty Ltd, I may be entitled to a share of profits.
- Derivatives Level 1
- Financial Planning
- Life Insurance
- Managed Investments
- Margin Lending