Aged Care Advice
Morgans provides an Aged Care Advisory Service which sets out to assist busy families and aged parents who are in need of entering some form of aged care facility.
This is often a period of significant stress for families as critical decisions need to be made in relation to the type of care a parent or parents need, the location and proximity to family of such a facility and most importantly how to fund entry to the facility.
Our service is designed to simplify the decision making process for families and to provide peace of mind for the whole family where parents are about to, or are considering, the move into an Aged Care facility.
Your adviser can assist you with:
Planning and setting goals
- Explain the workings of the aged care system and the options available to you and your family.
- Outline the steps ahead to give you a direct path towards finding appropriate care.
- Act as a central reference point for clear and relevant information on aged care.
- Help you to identify what's important and establish your aged care goals and objectives.
- Review your financial situation to gain a complete understanding of your assets and income and whether the family home can be used to help fund your aged care.
- Establish in broad terms what you can afford to pay to enable you to search for a suitable aged care facility.
Estimate Fees and Options
- Explain how entry fees and daily care fees are calculated and estimate what you may need to pay for aged care.
- Determine the financial advantages of keeping or selling the home (if it is available to fund your aged care).
- How to best fund the upfront Accommodation Payment - as a lump sum Refundable Accommodation Deposit, an ongoing Daily Accommodation Payment, or a combination of the two.
- Evaluate the impact of various strategies on your age pension entitlements and daily care fees.
- Develop strategies to optimise your financial position including minimising fees and maximising entitlements.
- Seek strategies designed to not only cover aged care costs but achieve an optimum financial outcome for you.
- Maximise estate assets for beneficiaries and ensure that the estate plan continues to reflect your wishes.
"Understanding the complexities of the financial world was daunting for a person of my age. I found Ros McKinnon at Morgans to be professional and personal, who took the time to understand my particular circumstances. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs assistance."
Laurel Poulsen (April 2016)
Sunshine Coast Senior Client Adviser and Aged Care consultant Ros McKinnon has many years of experience advising on aged care matters.
This is an area where no two situations are the same. This can be a time of great stress for families often due to the complexity of the assessment and swiftness of the changing needs of elderly family members.
Ros is happy to refer clients to allied professionals who will assist with information and guidance on the types, locations and care levels of residential care facilities available on the Sunshine Coast to facilitate a smooth transition to the appropriate care.
Morgans Sunshine Coast Aged Care advice specialists provide alternatives in relation to the financial aspects of this process such as:
- Whether to retain or sell the family home
- Funding the upfront and on-going cost of care
- Maximisation of Centrelink/Veteran Affairs benefits
- Liaising with Aged Care providers on your behalf
- Payment of benefits under the Aged Care Act
- Review of investment portfolios
Contact Ros McKinnon at Morgans Sunshine Coast to find out more.
Print this page