"The right combination of cash, property and shares can ensure clients attain and sustain the lifelong goal of financial independence."
For my clients the most common goal is to attain and sustain financial independence. During their careers they achieve this by working and saving, but during retirement it is by working their savings. With 20 years of experience, it is my role to advise clients on the design implementation and management of strategies targeted at achieving and sustaining financial independence.
Services and specialities
- Fixed Interest and Cash Management
- Margin Lending and Gearing Strategies
- Options and Warrants
- Superannuation Advice
- Wealth Management
No-one knows the future, so in my experience the secret to long term investing is not to predict the future but to be prepared for the future, by owning businesses which produce the goods and services we all need today, tomorrow and everyday. For this reason I prefer to recommend defensive strategies, investing in large, prominent and conservatively financed companies.
Industry Education & Experience
- Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA Institute , 2004
- SMSF Specialist Advisor™ (SSA) Accreditation, SMSF Association, 2017
- TASA and the TPB Code of Professional Conduct, KAPLAN, 2016
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland, 1996
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Queensland, 1992
- ASX/ACH Responsible Executive Exam, ASX, 2007
- Diploma of Financial Planning, Deakin University, 1997
- Post Graduate Diploma in applied finance and investment , Securities Institute of Australia, 2004
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Chairman of CFA Chapter Brisbane
- Master Member of Stockbrokers And Financial Advisers Association (MSAFAA)
- Specialist Member SMSF Association Australia
- Tax (Financial) Adviser
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
I am employed by Morgans Holdings (Australia) Limited which operates the business of Morgans Financial Limited - Brisbane. My employer remunerates me as your adviser by way of percentage of fees. As a shareholder of Morgans Holdings (Australia) Limited, I may be entitled to a share of profits. I am eligible to participate in a bonus scheme depending upon performance.
- Derivatives Level 1
- Financial Planning
- Life Insurance
- Managed Investments
- Margin Lending