It's never too early to start planning for retirement. One in two Australians are not confident they will have enough saved to enjoy a comfortable retirement.
So what should you think about when planning for retirement? We highlight five key considerations:
Where to from here?
- Maximise your superannuation contributions
(talk to your adviser about the strategies most appropriate
- If you don’t already have one, consider how a self
managed super fund may help you take control of your
- Think about how you can take advantage of Transition
to Retirement strategies
- Review your investment strategies and consider how your
risk profile has changed
- Review whether your portfolio is set for retirement
- Talk to your adviser about reducing or eliminating debt
- Implement or review your wealth protection plan
- Review your estate plan
Find out more
Now more than ever it is important to understand the issues you may face in retirement. Download our "Guide to financial independence brochure – Life begins at ..." for more information or call a Morgans adviser in your nearest branch to discuss your options in more detail.